● Deliver (Lead SME: Emily Batista)
○ Concentrated efforts early in the month to refine functionality implemented in 1.6, specifically the new Item Deliver Search feature, new Request process and refinements to customize a number of aspects of request management.
○ Completed specifications on five issues related to circulation notices under the general ticket OLE-6802 for release 2.0.
● Describe (Lead SME: Mechael Charbonneau)
○ Welcomed new Describe SME member Pat Williams, Head of Monographic Cataloging representing the University of Chicago and Erich Kesse, Digital Library Project Officer from the School of Oriental and African Studies (SOAS), University of London.
○ Updates on remaining Describe enhancements targeted for 3.0:
● Reviewed first draft of functional specifications designed to clone/copy MARC records (OLE5402).
● Reviewed second draft of functional specifications designed to improve the existing single MARC record import functionality (OLE7227).
○ Lisa McColl (Lehigh) presented an informal Balsamiq training/informational session to Describe members on May 7 th .
● Select & Acquire (Lead SME: Sharon WilesYoung)
○ Welcomed David Uspal, Senior Web Specialist at Villanova University to the S&A team.
○ S&A team had a demo of GOKb searching and work that has been done on 2.0 development.
○ 2.0 S&A bugs were reviewed and testing continues on e-acq and PO and invoicing bugs.
○ Roll over testing continues with more successful results and Dan Huang from Lehigh presented a demo of roll over for SOAS. Many of the roll over bugs have been resolved in 1.6.0
○ S&A team is reviewing OLE roadmap enhancements to identify some 4.0 development areas.
● GOKb (Lead: Kristen Wilson)
○ Successful offer made to new GOKb editor Jennifer Solomon. She will start at NCSU on June 15.
○ Steering committee and development team will have a face-to-face meeting in London in July.
○ Development work continues on release 5.0 scheduled for June.
● Implementation Team (Lead: Patty Mescher)
○ Peri Subrahmanya presented new patron notices functionality and JavaMelody as it can be used as a tool for debugging.
○ Discovered new documentation needs for the installation and implementation guides. These have been addressed and added to their wiki spaces.
● Consortia Team (Lead: Matt Sargent)
○ Team is exploring options on how to best integrate with the SME groups to ensure consortia needs are common practice in specification writing.
1.6.0 was finalized in the month of May. Go to our Test Drive now to try out the latest features. The final release notes for this release are available:
● 1.6 Sprint 8 – Added a system parameter for solr indexing to this previously released sprint.
● 1.6 Sprint 9 Intermediate – Updated help links for all documents in OLE and corrected a bug for replacement fees
● 1.6.0 Final – Worked to correct OJB Broker pool exhaustion problems
1.6.1 efforts began at the end of the month. This release focuses on Rollover. These changes can be reviewed in the TST environment: http://tst.ole.kuali.org/portal.do . 1.6.1 Sprint 10 . Changes include:
● There were several problems with the general ledger displaying amounts correctly but these have been resolved.
● Began work to track circulation statistics in OLE. Additional reporting is scheduled for 2.0 and beyond.
2.0 efforts resumed this month. These changes can be reviewed in the QA environment: http://qa.ole.kuali.org/portal.do .
-Select and Acquire
● Work continues for E-Resources: storing vendor information, importing from GOKb, modifying purchase orders for multiple titles, deleting, renewing, and canceling eresource records, as well as adding alerts for future actions. Developers also corrected various bugs found during testing.
● Fund codes are being developed as aliases to full accounting strings.
-Describe and Manage
● Corrected display, result list, and sorting problems on the Search workbench.
● When exporting bibliographic records to XML, the non-character designations in the 008 fields were being removed causing problems during reimports. This has been corrected.
● Corrected a problem with fastadds that too much data in the copy field prevented the record from being created.
● Unicode characters are now allowed on a patron’s address.
● Implemented “atomic updates” and “pseudo-join” features of Solr to make changes to and query documents.
Current release: 1.6.0 (May 2015)
● Documentation: https://wiki.kuali.org/display/OLE/OLE+Published+Documentation
Next scheduled major release: 2.0 Public Release (Q3 2015)
● Road map: http://www.kuali.org/ole/roadmap
● Technical details of 1.5.12 and 1.6 release to-date: https://wiki.kuali.org/display/OLE/OLE+Current+Release+Status+Report
Recent presentations: http://www.kuali.org/ole/media
● Note: some sections will require a KIS account