● Deliver (Lead SME: Emily Batista)
○ Several members of the Deliver team learned how to write Test Scenarios in order to complete specifications for a number of major enhancements.
○ We submitted a very large number of OLETS and spent much of the month refining and testing scenarios related to an entirely new view of item records (Deliver-centric) and a new process for placing patron requests on the staff side, as well as supporting more local configuration options for notices and request processes.
○ SOAS worked on 3M self-check issues directly with HTC and coordinated with other institutions to assure a successful implementation for all partners who use self-check.
● Describe (Lead SME: Mechael Charbonneau)
○ All Describe acceptance criteria and OLETS were submitted and 1.6 testing was on target throughout the month.
○ Revised bib import profile constant values functionality was finalized and will be applied to all incoming records without regard to the presence of that field in the incoming record. The constant value process will append a new MARC field to the incoming record and will no longer overwrite existing information.
○ Members reviewed a draft functional spec prepared by Bob Persing (Select & Acquire) which also incorporated Describe’s earlier work regarding the need for more complex logical browser tab names.
○ Jaya Bharath (HTC) demonstrated the new cross document search capabilities that will appear in 2.0. This new functionality will be particularly handy for identifying record subsets when using OLE’s global change capabilities for holdings and/or item records.
○ Describe discussed the desirability of adding repeatable statistical codes to holdings records as well as item records.
● Select & Acquire (Lead SME: Sharon WilesYoung)
○ Rollover testing continues for 1.6.
○ E-Acquisitions team is beginning 2.0 functionality testing.
○ Team continues to review enhancement requests.
● GOKb (Lead: Kristen Wilson)
○ Lehigh and Rutgers began training in February and should be contributing data to GOKb by the end of March.
○ Duke will begin training in March.
○ Ebook data model design workshop will be held April 23 at NCSU; details soon.
○ Kristen Wilson and Kristin Antelman will present on GOKb at the UK Serials Group meeting in Glasgow on March 30 and 31.
● Implementation Team (Lead: Patty Mescher)
○ Several institutions have struggled with implementing KRMS rules for their circulation policies. This has led to a larger review with assistance from the Kuali Rice team.
○ General bound-with loading instructions were determined needed; Lehigh has shared it’s code solution and the documentation request has been added to the queue.
● Consortia Team (Lead: Matt Sargent)
○ The team has begun to gather requirements and review which of those are already available in OLE.
OLE in the News
CampusSource Tagung 2015 [text in German]
1.5.8 was released on February 5th: Iteration 1.5.8r21826 (Changes can be seen in the DEMO environment: http://demo.ole.kuali.org/portal.do ). This release continued to fix performance problems within OLE for local installations.
1.6 efforts took place throughout the month. These changes can be reviewed in the TST environment: http://tst.ole.kuali.org/portal.do .
-Select and Acquire
● Improved performance times on the Acquisitions Search.
● Several corrections were made to the Bib Import process to allow multiple 500 fields and to fix call number types.
● Fiscal Year rollover now allows libraries to re-encumber ongoing orders at the start of each year.
-Describe and Manage
● Performance times on the Search Workbench continue to be improved.
● Improvements to patron request procedures continue to be developed – particularly for recalls, holds and item level requests.
● A search screen for the Deliver module is being developed so that circulation staff can better interact with item records.
● Several data integrity issues with loans have been corrected.
● Institutions can now reindex records that have been modified after a specific date.
● NCIP CheckInItem messages were returning errors, this has been fixed. 2.0 development also resumed in February. These changes can be reviewed in the STAGING environment: http://staging.ole.kuali.org/portal.do .
-Select and Acquire
● Enhancement development has resumed for electronic resources.
● The creation of the platform record, that stores platform/platform provider information, is underway.
● Development to integrate with GOKb is also underway.
-Describe and Manage
● OLE has added the ability to reverse a boundwith.
● Several changes have been coded to enhance e-holdings records: URLs are now clickable and the records are transferrable.
● Upgrading to Solr 4 allows users to search locations across document types
Current release: 1.5.8 (February 2015)
● Documentation: https://wiki.kuali.org/display/OLE/OLE+Published+Documentation
Next scheduled release: 1.6.0 Public Release (Q1 2015)
● Road map: http://www.kuali.org/ole/roadmap
● Technical details of 1.5.8 and 1.6 release to-date: https://wiki.kuali.org/display/OLE/OLE+Current+Release+Status+Report
Recent presentations: http://www.kuali.org/ole/media
● Note: some sections will require a KIS account