● Deliver (Lead SME: Stuart Miller)
○ Continued testing of circulation features
○ Finalized list of enhancements desired in 2.0
○ Verified that circulation features scheduled for 1.5 had suitable requirements documents, test scripts, etc.
○ Continued to work on documentation for circ calendars (still pending)
● Describe (Lead SME: Mechael Charbonneau)
○ Completed 1.5 functional specifications for the MARC bibliographic editor enhancements
○ Drafted functional specifications for batch deletion of instance/e-instance records
○ Reviewed and provided feedback on S&A specs and recommendations for:
■ recording donor code information in the instance record
■ display of serial receipt holdings information in the instance record
○ Began work on acceptance criteria and confirmation text in preparation for OLE 1.5 QA
○ Worked with Michelle Suranofsky (Lehigh) to review Describe UI portal mockups and to provide initial feedback on a draft spec for the new search integration framework slated for OLE 1.5
● Select & Acquire (Lead SME: Carlen Ruschoff)
○ Tested and refined the specs for the import of order data embedded in the 9XX field of the bib record.
○ Looked again at the einstance ingest spec and gave final approval.
○ Refined specs for recording donor information in POs.
○ Drafted a description of the role of “alerts” and “ticklers” in managing electronic resources.
○ Proposed to Functional Council that coding for ONIX –PL be postponed to reduce the number of hours required to develop the code. Instead, develop a local editor similar to that used in KB+ which will require fewer resources to do. OLE can add ONIXPL support in a later release if desired.
● System Integration/Infrastructure (Lead SME: Chris Case)
○ Worked on finalizing revisions to ERD for RDBMS hosting of cataloging records
○ Continued finalizing revisions to the OLE Instance Schema
○ Researched MARCEdit authentication issues
● Consortia Team (co-Leads: Rachel Schipper, Chris Case, Carlen Ruschoff)
○ Progressed with the refinement of the consortia “needs” list
(Changes can be reviewed in the Test Environment: http://tst.ole.kuali.org/portal.do)
In December, remaining bugs from 1.0 continued to be fixed while some major efforts have been occurring behind the scenes: a few data models and the Instance schema are undergoing modifications, OLE’s portal changes continue to be evaluated, and search framework requirements are being gathered. More detailed information of completed tasks can be reviewed on the OLE wiki pages:
Select and Acquire
● Repeatable fields in the E-Resource and the E-Instance records have been updated to add data without having to click an additional button before saving the record.
● Note fields on the Serials Receiving record have been improved. Users can click the expand icon to add additional text.
Describe and Manage
● Following the upgrade to Rice 2.3.2, there were additional modifications to make to correct errors on the bibliographic editor.
● Bib Import Profile was enhanced to protect 024 fields MARC fields upon import, not only the 024 $a field as it had been.
● The Calendar’s set dates have become clearer for users and Exception Types now allows libraries to define their own exceptions: snow day, holiday, etc.
● Modification have been made to the Request screen to merge several tabs into one “Request Details”.
● Library staff can now reinstate inactive barcodes for patrons.
● Testing of bulk loading continued to be tested since changing from a Jackrabbit to RDBMS database.
Current release: 1.0 (November 2013)
● Drivers Manual: https://wiki.kuali.org/display/OLE/OLE+1.0+Milestone+User+Documentation
Next scheduled release: 1.5 (Q1 2014)
● Road map: http://www.kuali.org/ole/roadmap
● Technical details of 1.5 release todate [requires a KIS account]: https://wiki.kuali.org/display/OLE/OLE+Project+Manager+Page
Recent presentations: http://www.kuali.org/ole/media
● Note: some sections will require a KIS account