● Describe (Lead SME: Mechael Charbonneau)
○ Reviewed a draft enhancement summary on the updated OLE roadmap web page to verify that the information accurately reflected the contents for OLE releases 1.5, 1.6, and 2.0.
○ Completed and submitted the 3.0 functional specifications for Authorities Tier 1 (OLE4454).
○ Finalized testing assignments, wrote acceptance criteria, and tested 1.6 Describe enhancements.
○ Submitted Describe’s suggestions on how OLE browser tabs should be labeled (OLE5628).
○ Janet Fox (Chicago) and Lisa McColl (Lehigh) finalized and submitted their revisions to a document created by HTC outlining the desired behaviors for bib import functionality for constant and default value overrides (OLE6944).
○ Reviewed current documented OLE UI standards posted in the Kuali OLE wiki space to address any gaps or inconsistencies.
● Select & Acquire (Lead SME: Sharon WilesYoung)
○ Continue to test rollover functionality for 1.6. Lehigh and others will have test systems to test rollover process and functionality. Bob Persing (U Penn) gave us a demo of the re-encumberance of recurring orders functionality.
○ Testing teams are trained and in place for the 2.0 e-acq specs.
○ Reviewed the browser tab labels for S&A and Bob compiled the desired tab labels for OLE5268.
○ Functional Council approved OLE5666 (License Editor) to move to 3.0 development.
● GOKb (Lead: Kristen Wilson)
○ We issued a press release formally announcing the new Mellon funding which will sustain GOKb through the end of 2015. The release has resulted in a number of inquiries from libraries and vendors.
○ GOKb training sessions for Lehigh and Rutgers are scheduled for February.
○ Kristen Wilson will present on GOKb at the Electronic Resources & Libraries Conference on Feb. 23 at 1:30 p.m.
● Implementation Team (Lead: Patty Mescher)
○ Worked through manually scheduling the “scheduleJob” batch processes so that jobs do not get stuck in “pending” status.
○ Members of the team worked through importing bib records with multiple holdings and items. This was recorded and documented for other implementers.
● Consortia Team (Lead: Matt Sargent)
○ Initial reboot of the group occurred 1/28 with representation from SOAS, IU, Florida, PALS, OLE, UMD, and U Penn in attendance.
○ Action Items:
■ Homework is out for our next meet to self-identify what kind of Consortia Model we all fall into so we can better focus on what gaps we have for those involved.
■ Need to identify a Vice-Lead to coordinate when the Lead is unavailable.
Coding for 1.5.7 and 1.5.8 have been completed:
(Changes can be reviewed in the Demo Environment: http://demo.ole.kuali.org/portal.do )
This last release for 1.5.8 concludes the 1.5 development. This release includes improved performance when searching for bib records, creating invoices, and rendering the batch process jobs details page. Additionally it includes a correction to XML encoding for SRU.
1.6 efforts also took place throughout the month. These changes can be reviewed in the TST Environment: http://tst.ole.kuali.org/portal.do.
-Select and Acquire
● Changed workflow rules so that a requisition becomes a purchase order regardless of the order type.
● Work has been done, but continues, on fiscal year rollover.
-Describe and Manage
● While searching items in the Search Workbench, users can include bibliographic fields in their search criteria.
● ISBN searching has been corrected to match with or without hyphens.
● Enhancements to this module include:
○ Allowing circulation desks to run their own hold pickup notice jobs.
○ In-transit status information included on the item record.
○ Allowing libraries to block requests if patron fees are above an institutionally specified amount.
○ Pending requests added to the loan screen display.
○ Barcodes are now required on an item before it can be checked out.
○ The call number prefix field was added to several screens within the module.
● Made improvements/fixes to batch processing including clearer failure messages, corrections to the batch job reports, and simplified imports with auto-fill fields.
● Updated ISBN searching in SRU so that it works on 10-digit ISBNs, in addition to the 13-digit ISBNs.
● Re-indexing no longer requires full database processing, now a re-index can be done on a set range.
Current release: 1.5.8 (February 2015)
● Documentation: https://wiki.kuali.org/display/OLE/OLE+Published+Documentation
Next scheduled release: 1.6 (Q1 2015)
● Road map: http://www.kuali.org/ole/roadmap
● Technical details of 1.6 release to-date: https://wiki.kuali.org/display/OLE/OLE+Current+Release+Status+Report
-Recent presentations: http://www.kuali.org/ole/media
● Note: some sections will require a KIS account