● Describe (Lead SME: Mechael Charbonneau)
○ Welcomed new Describe SME member Amy Bailey, Head of the Western European Cataloging Section, Indiana University.
○ Describe user documentation for new and revised 1.6 release functionality was completed.
○ Finalized acceptance criteria and began testing Describe enhancements for OLE Release 2.0.
○ Rich Slabach, OLE’s QA Manager, presented an OLE testing workshop refresher for interested Describe members on March 17 th .
○ Renewed our efforts towards completing remaining user requirements for Describe enhancements slated for OLE Release 3.0.
● Select & Acquire (Lead SME: Sharon WilesYoung)
○ Welcome to a new member of the S&A team, Lina Lakhia from SOAS.
○ Lehigh University and University of Chicago are testing 1.6 fiscal year rollover functionality on their respective test servers. Progress is being made and the procedure is being documented.
○ Continued testing 2.0 functionality and 1.6 invoicing bugs
○ Reviewed the 3.0 roadmap and examined functional specs
○ Re-examined the webservice pre-order form and discussed use cases for this webform.
● GOKb (Lead: Kristen Wilson)
○ GOKb editor position has been posted at NC State. See https://jobs.ncsu.edu/postings/50609
○ Training continues for OLE partners.
● Implementation Team (Lead: Patty Mescher)
○ There was a MS Access Circulation Utilities Database demonstration for the group, presented by Andrew Rusin of the University of Chicago
○ Decommissioning ole-quickstart continued through the month, a superuser replacement was determined required to initially add staff to roles during the system build.
○ Discussed the KRMS analysis and review. DROOLS is being tested as a promising proof-of-concept as an OLE rules engine.
● Consortia Team (Lead: Matt Sargent)
○ The team continues to refine requirements list and has started creating detailed specifications of items.
○ Working group membership has expanded to include additional representatives from Duke, as well as members and leads of our other SME teams that will have overlapping functionality.
1.5.9 and 1.5.10 were released: Iteration 1.5.9 and Iteration 1.5.10 (Changes can be seen in the DEMO environment: http://demo.ole.kuali.org/portal.do ). These releases continued to fix errors discovered by early adopters.
1.6 efforts took place throughout the month. These changes can be reviewed in the TST
environment: http://tst.ole.kuali.org/portal.do .
-Select and Acquire
● Incorporated the ability to re-encumber ongoing orders at the start of each year after fiscal year rollover has been performed.
● A visual cue has been added to the Invoice to let staff know when the document is loading.
● Several errors were reported for Invoices involving routing, importing, and cancellation; these continue to be addressed.
-Describe and Manage
● A date picker has been added to the Batch Process Job Details screen. Additionally to make the display more user friendly, after you run a job, only that job will display in the Job Details screen that appears.
● Donors were being added to imported records via the profile even if there were no donor codes in the MARC file; this problem has been corrected.
● Staff can now override patron requests that are blocked.
● As the new feature gets tested, improvements to the Deliver Item Search are being identified and developed. Additionally, requests and notices continue to be tested and enhanced.
● Browser tabs will now display the document or interface names.
● Help documentation is now built with deployments making documentation always available from the user interface.
● Several issues with the RESTful API have been addressed.
2.0 development also continued in March. These changes can be reviewed in the QA environment: http://qa.ole.kuali.org/portal.do .
-Select and Acquire
● E-Resource development continues with testers discovering and reporting issues as they appear.
-Describe and Manage
● Working to add the ability to transfer e-holdings records to different bibliographic records.
● Applied coding to allow for circulation statistics.
Current release: 1.5.11 (April 2015)
● Documentation: https://wiki.kuali.org/display/OLE/OLE+Published+Documentation
Next scheduled release: 1.6.0 Public Release (Q2 2015)
● Road map: http://www.kuali.org/ole/roadmap
● Technical details of 1.5.8 and 1.6 release to-date: https://wiki.kuali.org/display/OLE/OLE+Current+Release+Status+Report
-Recent presentations: http://www.kuali.org/ole/media
● Note: some sections will require a KIS account