● Deliver (Lead SME: Emily Batista)
○ The Deliver Team has been busy finishing work on testing/retesting/refining requirements for Duke’s implementation of 1.6 and has only begun to look in detail at issues for the upcoming releases.
○ Major enhancements in 1.6 include an entirely new way to search for and display item records with all relevant circulation information available in one place, and the ability to initiate requests from the item record display rather than from the Request search display. We worked with Nora on documenting these two new, big features to bring the release documentation up to date.
○ SOAS implemented mid-April and mostly found that the self-check functions work with OLE but there are some performance issues that are still being improved, and at least one issue related to fines to resolve.
● Describe (Lead SME: Mechael Charbonneau)
○ Completed and submitted the following user requirements for OLE Release 3.0:
-OLE4237: Allow locations to be flagged as inactive
-OLE5283: “Fast Add” Bib Record Status & Deliver Permissions
-OLE5378: Make statistical code repeatable
○ Updates on additional Describe enhancements targeted for 3.0:
-Reviewed a first draft of functional specifications designed to improve the existing single MARC record import functionality (OLE7227)
-Preliminary work began on the enhancement specifications for “work units” within the context of user roles & permissions (OLE4605). Both Describe and Select & Acquire groups will be working on the functional specification. As a first step each group began developing use cases to better understand the functional requirements, including those within a consortial environment.
● Submitted a new OLE Roadmap enhancement request to have “format_facet” selection removed from Search Framework Configuration since format facets are actually determined by MARC bib leader data elements.
● On April 16 th , Describe members met with Bob Persing (Penn) and Kristin Wilson (Chicago) to provide feedback on Select & Acquire’s enhancement to enable the relinking of PO lines from one bib record to another (OLE5613).
● Select & Acquire (Lead SME: Sharon WilesYoung)
○ Continue to gather more S&A use cases for OLE4605 to add to the Describe team’s use cases for work units roles and permissions in consortial settings.
○ S&A team discussed OLE5613 (relinking of PO’s) and OLE6948 (relinking of e-holdings), and added more detail and diagrams to the spec based on input from Describe, E-acq and the S&A team.
○ Fiscal year rollover testing for 1.6 is progressing. Chicago and Lehigh are now testing on their local test servers twice a week and identifying the bugs.
○ S&A team and the E-acq team are reviewing the 2.0 bug spreadsheet, categorizing by function, and prioritizing how critical the bug fix is for 2.0.
● GOKb (Lead: Kristen Wilson)
○ GOKb Editor position is currently posted at NCSU: http://www.lib.ncsu.edu/jobs/epa/gokb
○ Development work continues with version 4.2 expected in May
○ Training continues for OLE partners
● Consortia Team (Lead: Matt Sargent)
○ KCW Summary
■ Shared Describe & Deliver was selected as our overall Consortia model
■ Through discussion, found that most items fall into other SME groups
● will continue to tag and monitor Consortium Tagged Jiras
■ Requirements Working Group’s awesomeness:
● User Permissions Per Location
● Batch Loading for a Shared System
● Multiple billing addresses
● Demand management for ILL
● Allow ownership of records
○ Will continued Review of Requirements
● New “Ranked” tab has our collectively voted items in order on it
1.5.11 and 1.5.12 were released: Iteration 1.5.11 and Iteration 1.5.12 (Changes can be seen in the DEMO environment: http://demo.ole.kuali.org/portal.do ). These releases continued to fix errors discovered by early adopters.
1.6 efforts took place throughout the month. These changes can be reviewed in the TST environment: http://tst.ole.kuali.org/portal.do.
-Select and Acquire
● Progress has continued to document Fiscal Year Rollover processes; restored the link for Open Encumbrances, which is a tool from KFS for Fiscal Year Rollover.
● Modified the Invoice Price field so that amounts can be more than 10 digits in length.
-Describe and Manage
● Updated bib imports and the Search Workbench to allow the special character “<”.
● Updated the Deliver Item Search to display call numbers from the item record when appropriate.
● Several bugs that were identified for requests have been corrected.
● Progress has been made to improve the performance of generating notices.
● A unique identifier was added so that bills could be identified and paid for through an API.
● Development and documentation to load Bibs, Holdings, and Items via an API instead of through scripts is being finalized.
2.0 development has been put on hold to focus resources on completing 1.6.0.
Kuali OLE in the news:
SOAS Library Implements Kuali Open Library Environment Library Technology Guides, April 22
Matt Enis: “Kuali Goes Commercial | Library System Landscapes” Library Journal. April 7th, 2015
Current release: 1.5.12 (April 2015)
● Documentation: https://wiki.kuali.org/display/OLE/OLE+Published+Documentation
Next scheduled release: 1.6.0 Public Release (Q2 2015)
● Road map: http://www.kuali.org/ole/roadmap
● Technical details of 1.5.12 and 1.6 release to-date: https://wiki.kuali.org/display/OLE/OLE+Current+Release+Status+Report
-Recent presentations: http://www.kuali.org/ole/media
● Note: some sections will require a KIS account