Highlights for July
● New Project Manager, Patty Mescher begins review of roadmap and progress on 0.8 and 1.0
● New partner, Villanova begins participating on OLE teams. Joe Lucia joins the OLE Board and Kathleen O’Connor joins the Functional Council.
● Tim McGeary (Lehigh) resigns as Functional Council Chair, as he takes a new position at University of North Carolina at Chapel Hill. Molly Tamarkin (Duke) is named as the new FC chair.
● Robert McDonald begins a new role in the project: Director of Kuali OLE Community Development
● GOKb meeting with JISC Collections
● Planning for face-to-face FC meeting in August and Kuali Days in Oct.
- Submitted “Cataloging: Search (Document Retrieval) Requirements” pertaining to bibliographic, holdings, and item data searching
- Began review of staff user search functional specs
- Attended various cross-functional working meetings to:
. Discuss and determine solutions related to the Instance schema and DocStore
. Discuss ‘work units’ and ‘record ownership’
- Plan to set-up a series of combined Editor Team/Describe Tiger Team meetings to review how all of the pieces/cross points are starting to work together
OLE 0.8 User Requirements:
- Global Edit Holdings & Item Description (completed)
- Classification Schemas (in progress)
OLE 0.8 Codeable Specs:
- Import Bibliographic Description (completed): Reviewed and approved for HTC handoff.
- Transfer OLE/Instance (completed): Reviewed and approved for HTC handoff.
● Select & Acquire
○ Contributed to the search functionality survey as it pertains to acquisitions searching
○ Approved functional ingest specs for match and overlay of records
Current release: 0.6 (May 2012)
● Drivers Manual: https://wiki.kuali.org/display/OLE/OLE+0.6+Milestone+User+Documentation
Next scheduled release: 0.8
● Road map: http://www.kuali.org/OLE/Timeline
● Timeline (requires KIS account) : https://docs.google.com/a/kuali.org/spreadsheet/ccc?key=0AuB_LtZjzdSedG9kRVB5Z1laTEMzc1RIWTFBam5NMXc#gid=0
Recent presentations: http://www.kuali.org/ole/presentations
● Note: some sections will require a KIS account