Highlights for December
● Please note a new feature “Coding Update” (see below) will be included in future monthly updates.
● Began to organize an Implementation Team, led by Frances McNamara (Chicago)
December’s coding efforts were focused on the Select and Acquire and Deliver modules. (Changes can be reviewed in the Test Environment.)
Select and Acquire:
● Modifications and enhancements continue to improve the License Request.
● Choosing a payment method is being added to vendor documents.
● Steps are being made to progress deposit accounts within OLE.
● Work on order types (approval, firm) will improve the workflow of purchase orders.
● Improvements for the Ingest Load Report have improved the user experience (more description and clearer legibility, better navigation within the system).
● Patrons are now able to renew items via the “My Account” public interface.
● Staff are able to manage and override renewals through Deliver’s Loan/Return portal.
● The developers also continue to work on some bugs and user interface modifications after having a demo with subject matter experts late in November.
Details for this month’s iterations may be found on the wiki [requires a KIS account]:
● Deliver (Lead SME: Stuart Miller)
○ Development work on 0.8 features/functions substantially complete
○ Initial comments from Deliver SMEs incorporated into software
○ Testing begun
● Describe/Manage (Lead SME: Mechael Charbonneau)
○ The OLE Editor Team and the OLE Describe/Manage Team merged into one due to the overlap in interest and membership. Describe now meets twice a week.
○ Prepared and began the review process for the following 1.0 user requirements:
■ OLE-2685: Record Donor Information
■ OLE-2674: Bibliographic Record Editor
■ OLE-2686: Global Edit Holdings and Items
○ Continued to meet with HTC on the holdings/items (“instance”) editor development and began work on preparing test scenarios for common holdings/items editor workflows.
● Select & Acquire/MER (Lead SME: Carlen Ruschoff)
○ Approved spec for batchload reports, creating invoices from incoming EDIFACT files; cloning invoices, Zero dollar invoices, and sufficient funds check
○ Developing specs for receiving non-serial items
○ Created tickets for 1.0 development
Kuali OLE in the news:
● “Kuali OLE Seminar” Libwebrarian blog http://libwebrarian.wordpress.com/2012/12/10/kualiole-seminar/
● “Kuali OLE: A Community Collaboration in Software for and by Libraries”, Michael Winkler and Robert H. McDonald, Information Standards Quarterly, Fall 2012, v.24, no.4 http://www.niso.org/publications/isq/2012/v24no4/winkler
Current release: 0.6 (May 2012)
● Drivers Manual: https://wiki.kuali.org/display/OLE/OLE+0.6+Milestone+User+Documentation
Next scheduled release: 0.8 (Q2 2013)
● Road map: http://www.kuali.org/ole/timeline
● Technical details of 0.8 release to-date [requires a KIS account]: https://wiki.kuali.org/display/OLE/OLE+Project+Manager+Page
Recent presentations: http://www.kuali.org/ole/presentations
● Note: some sections will require a KIS account