● Deliver (Lead SME: Stuart Miller)
○ Tested and retested circulation features in 0.8
○ Submitted numerous bug fix reports as a result of testing (some bugs to be fixed in 1.0)
○ Updated the “Guide to Deliver” document
○ Wrote an overview document as a summary for the circulation librarian
○ Participated in discussions about a “global” approach to OLE batch processing (in view of several batch jobs written for Deliver)
○ Worked with other groups on scope of 1.0/1.5
○ Continued to add enhancement requests
● Describe/Manage (Lead SME: Mechael Charbonneau)
○ Welcomed David Burke (Villanova) as our newest SME member
○ Finalized testing of all cataloging features in 0.8
○ Participated in discussions surrounding final scoping of version 1.0 and 1.5 Describe deliverables
○ Held several cross functional discussions with Select & Acquire colleagues on issues such as bibliographic overlay, line-item-receiving issues with regard to item statuses and their interactions with acquisitions documents, and interactions between the ordering process and the DocStore
○ Met with Emily Lynema and Kristin Antelman to discuss the e-instance specifications; identified where the e-instance could be brought into greater harmonization with the existing OLE instance/user interface
○ Reviewed and finalized list of system-assigned item statuses
○ Revisited the business rule that requires every descriptive record to have an OLE instance attached; after discussions with the Functional Council and other SME teams it was decided to eliminate this rule in version 1.0
○ Other issues tackled included the left navigation pane display of call number information, copy number, etc. as well as “chain reaction deletions” for items, holdings, and descriptive records marked for deletion
● Select & Acquire (Lead SME: Carlen Ruschoff)
○ Reviewed scope features for 1.0 and 1.5
○ Tested and retested release 0.8 functionality
○ Collaborated with Describe on enhancements for record ingest and overlay, line item receiving and status elements, and blending features with in the instance record to accommodate both print and electronic resources
○ Refined the licensing document
○ Enhanced the PO and Requisitions features
● System Integration/Infrastructure (Lead SME: Chris Case)
○ Reviewed 1.0 scope
● Technical Council (Lead: Tod Olson)
○ A proof-of-concept was completed for RDBMS backend storage for the docstore. This storage option addresses critical performance issues with the OLE Docstore. The TC has recommended the RDBMS backend be integrated into the main OLE trunk, and this is scheduled for the OLE 1.0 timeframe.
○ The TC voted to install Tod Olson as chair and Jeff Fleming as cochair, which will remove some burden from the OLE Project Manager.
● Implementation Team (Lead: Frances McNamara)
○ Reviewed revised timelines for 1.0 and 1.5 and updated project plans
○ Discussed timing for Fit/Gap analyses while software still under development
○ Interface format for Chart of Accounts identified as an issue
(Changes can be reviewed in the Test Environment: http://tst.ole.kuali.org/portal.jsp )
OLE has continued QA testing through May, completing the QA review May 24th. Correcting bugs has remained the priority. Some highlights of this effort are mentioned below. More detailed information can be reviewed on the OLE wiki pages:
Select and Acquire:
● Sufficient funds checking had several bugs reported that have been corrected.
● A new feature in OLE: If multiple copies are ordered or received, a copy line allows users to indicate enumerations and locations on each copy.
● Patrons and Circulation needed to be fully functional for 0.8. Therefore additional efforts were made in this module.
● Requests and recalls were problematic, especially with workflows and rules. Many issues have been cleared.
● Patron billing and proxy accounts underwent modifications to correct reported defects.
● Several tweaks have been made to the Loan and Return screens to increase functionality.
● Business rule validations and permissions have been incorporated for the OLE Instance and Location maintenance documents.
● There were problems in fully deleting bibliographic records, these problems have been rectified. (This does not include batch deletion)
● Labeling and error messages have been added and modified to various interfaces as was needed.
● Email notifications for notices and bills are now being delivered.
● Corrections were made to the RESTful Service to notify users of invalid ID requests and collections were formatted correctly in JSON.
Kuali OLE in the news:
● Coming to TERMS: Sharing expertise in electronic resources management http://americanlibrariesmagazine.org/columns/dispatches-field/coming-terms
● The Global Open Knowledgebase (GOKb) – Building a Community-Managed Knowledgebase, An NFAIS Webinar http://nfais.org/event?eventID=523
Current release: 0.8 (June 2013)
● Drivers Manual: https://wiki.kuali.org/display/OLE/OLE+0.8+Milestone+User+Documentation
Next scheduled release: 1.0 (Q4 2013)
● Road map: http://www.kuali.org/ole/Timeline
● Technical details of 1.0 release to-date [requires a KIS account]: https://wiki.kuali.org/display/OLE/OLE+Project+Manager+Page
-Recent presentations: http://www.kuali.org/ole/presentations
● Note: some sections will require a KIS account